Sunday 30 November 2008

Failed attempt on the Tai-Pan's wealth and life

You may have noticed that I have been unable to bring you any news recently; well, it's hard to write to my audience when you've been snatched from the steps of your Gulf Stream by a gang of armed thugs (who might as well have been wearing 'I love Gornt' badges and T-Shirts), manacled, sent to Xinjiang by freight train and had a run-in with the local Party officials who tried to extort a substantial portion of your investments from you using a variety of uncommonly unpleasant ancient Chinese techniques. Fortunately there was a local militant uprising, and I was unwittingly sprung from jail, and helped escape across Central Asia by camel train.

That's the last time I go property hunting in Italy.

In my absence, I see that Gornt has had free reign and run wild over Hong Kong with his evil schemes. I also notice he's remained awfully quiet about my disappearance...

However, as Tai-Pan of the Noble House, I knew I would survive this ordeal, and have already rectified the damage done my stocks and holdings by Gornt in my absence. As I am not an evil man by nature, I've decided to show my gratitude to Gornt by making a gift of a holiday to him. Well maybe not to him exactly. Checked your stable recently Gornt?

1 comment:

Quillan Gornt said...

Sir,

The reality is that this old mule can probably outrun any of the horses from the Noble House stables. We shall put it to the test at the Happy Valley Races this Wednesday.

Kindly accept a preserved durian Chirstmas cake by way of return. Maid Number One insisted.

Best of seasonal joss,